REVIEW + PHOTOS - Anastasia Hypercolor Lash and Brow Tint

I'm not one to stray away from bright colors. I like me a neon lip color and I can get heavy-handed with my blush. I'll admit that. However, something I never thought I'd venture into was bright colored mascara. I do own a burgundy mascara from Laura Mercier though, and damn it's beautiful.

I decided to take the plunge last week when I saw a review of this product on VintageorTacky. I wanted a way to make a statement with very little work, especially for summertime (specifically Sasquatch). And really, bright blue mascara? Why not?

 Va va voom!
 
Look at that color!
 I will say - I have naturally light eyelashes. I have dirty blonde hair, and lashes to match, so the blue color may look different on darker hair. I first tried this color on top of a black mascara I was already wearing when I received it in the mail, and I feel like it was more saturated when applied over the black. But, that could be because I have light lashes. The color was very intense and saturated compared to what I've seen of other colored mascaras.
 As far as formula goes - I really like it for the lashes. It's a drier formula (which works well if you wanted to use it for brows), and clings to the lashes nicely. I put the waterproof topcoat over the blue and it didn't change the color at all, I didn't get any sort of smudging by the end of the day, so that's nice to know.
 I absolutely love the packaging - holographic yes please! I really love these new and fun products that Anastasia has been putting out (this product as well as the Hypercolor Brow and Hair Powder), since Anastasia is usually such a classy and fancy brand. It's nice to see some youthfulness. Plus, Anastasia is totally cruelty-free!
 It's definitely not a cheap product - $22, but you do get the waterproof Lash Genius as well as the colored mascara, so that helps me justify buying it. I don't wear waterproof mascara all that often, and I don't own one, so this will come in handy over my other regular mascaras.

Overall, I really like this product - if you want to try some bright eye looks, it's a nice way to jump in head first. Plus, the blue makes your eyes look so much brighter and whiter for those days when you're feeling tired and lazy.

You can purchase from Anastasia Beverly Hills.

Best wishes!
-Abby

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , ,
edit

1 comment:

  1. I read vintageortacky too! I love both of you guys. You never fail to inspire me in the beauty world. Thank you for doing what you do :)

    ReplyDelete