REVIEW + SWATCHES: Benefit "Always A Bridesmaid" Creaseless Cream Shadow

 I got a new product last month, one that I am quite in love with, so I thought I would share my thoughts and some lovely photos for you to ogle at. 

This is the Benefit Creaseless Cream Shadow in Always A Bridemaid (and I actually feel like the name suits the color). It's a beautiful cool lavender color, which would definitely compliment all eye colors, but green and brown eyes mostly. I've been looking for a new cream shadow that isn't neutral and isn't a bright matte color like the Maybelline Color Tattoos I have, and this fit the bill. One day I might actually do a post of all my cream shadows. I'll put that on my to-do list. 
 
When I walked into Sephora last month with my VIB 15% off code, I wanted to use it on something, and this color just spoke to me. I've always loved purple eyeshadows because of my green eyes and pale pink-toned skin. I just really like purple. Last year I purchased one of the Urban Decay 24/7 Shadow Pencils in Morphine, and it was a gorgeous color, but it dried out so fast. So I needed an alternative for when I want color but also want to be lazy as hell and just slap a cream shadow on.
 This is the answer to that. Benefit has a decent selection of colors of these shadows (though more non-neutrals would be nice), and I am just enamored with the new branding they've been doing, with these especially and their cute bonbon boxes. It's classy, adorable, and not too cumbersome. My main gripe with Benefit in the past has been their unnecessary packaging, but this little box isn't too big and you can toss it out if you want, unlike the pointless boxed blushes.
 The shadow lives up to its name - I put this on in the morning without a primer, and by the time I got home from work at 5:30, no creasing. This formula is definitely creamier than the Maybelline Color Tattoos, similar to the Mac Paint Pots I would say. The smaller swatch is one swipe and the larger is built up, which you can see that there's not much of a difference. This color is also really easy to blend and would work perfectly as a base for powder shadows.
 Overall, I'd say if you're looking for a unique color for a cream shadow I'd shell out the $19 for one of these (from Sephora here). You definitely don't need all of them because there are at least a couple dupes for the Maybelline ones. I probably won't get anymore anytime soon just because I have so many cream shadows to use up and they will dry out if I don't use them.

I'm also going to use this color in a tutorial coming up on my channel for spring makeup, so keep a look out for that!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,
edit

No comments:

Post a Comment