REVIEW + SWATCHES: Hayley Williams for MAC "Sounds Like Noise"

I don't know what my face was doing here, but let's get on with the review.

I recently ordered the new limited edition lipstick from Mac that Hayley Williams partnered with them to make, and I absolutely love it. "Sounds Like Noise" is a straight-up orange lipstick, and it's a matte finish. And when I say orange, I mean that there is no red in it like Morange or Neon Orange, but it's lighter and closer to a coral if anything. 
It's definitely very matte, so I recommend using a lip balm before putting on the rest of your makeup so your lips are well-moisturized for the lipstick application.

 
The color is very opaque, like all Mac mattes that I've tried, and it does last at least 5 hours on me (that's how long I kept it on today before dinner).

The next swatch is next to Lady Danger, another matte, and it's usually classified as an "orange-red" or at least a "warm-toned red." As you can see, Sounds Like Noise is considerably lighter and lacks any red whatsoever. Sounds Like Noise is also not as creamy as Lady Danger. However, it is creamier than the new version of Candy Yum Yum, for reference.
I've applied it here directly after applying lip balm and lightly wiping off the excess balm. You can see that the lip balm gave the lipstick a creamier finish.
I've also found that this lipstick, while orange, doesn't make my teeth look really yellow, so that's a plus.
The next two photos are after I had the lipstick on for 5 hours when I got home from work. I hadn't moisturized as much before applying, so you can see that the matte finish got a little bit crusty after 5 hours, but the color was still really opaque and vibrant.
Overall, I really like this lipstick. When I first ordered it I was weary just because I hadn't seen it in person. Some people might not like the full-coverage matte finish, but I personally like it. Amplified would have had the same effect, but I do love me a matte lipstick. If I'm gonna do a bold color like this, I'm gonna wear it in a bold way. I highly recommend it if you can still get your hands on it (here on Maccosmetics.com). And if you have blue eyes, this color is a must because of the beautiful contrast (psst, you could also contrast the orange with a subtle blue pop of eyeliner or mascara).

What do you guys think of this color? Would you rock an orange lip for summer?
Let me know in the comments below (hey that rhymed).


Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,
edit

1 comment:

  1. Aw, it looks so amazing! I'm not a big fan of matte lipsticks, and I'm not so sure that orange would suit me, but it looks absolutely fabulous on you! I love the blush you wore with it, by the way. Such a great look, and not too overpowering with the bright lip.

    - Samantha
    http://samlovesmakeup.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete