GETTING TO KNOW: Lush "Brazened Honey"

So this came a little bit later than I had originally planned, but here is the second edition of my Lush Fresh Face Mask series, featuring Brazened Honey!


This is another of the masks that are more suited for oily and acne prone skin, though it did feel quite nice on my face. I had eggs and honey for added moisture as well as kaolin clay and ground almonds for cleansing.
Brazened Honey isn't as exfoliating as Love Lettuce, but it is the most stimulating of the masks, really waking up the skin and you can actually feel it working. The lime oil has an astringent quality while the rosemary is a natural antiseptic, so it definitely cleans the skin like crazy.
 
The one downside to this mask I found is how difficult it is to spread on the skin. It clumps and sticks to itself so it too a bit of maneuvering to get this layer on my skin. One major plus though, like the Love Lettuce - the smell. The lime, honey, and fennel give it a sweet and refreshing scent so it's not unpleasant to use. 

I enjoyed the mask, though with my dry skin it would be a mask I would only use when my skin is really gross and needs a major overhaul (maybe after a music festival or a week at sleepaway camp?)
 
In case you're wondering, in the midst of me doing this experiment, I was having a hormonal breakout so don't get alarmed if it looks like the masks are breaking me out. It's normal for me at this time of the month.
Ingredients: Kaolin , Talc , Fresh Organic Lime Juice (Citrus aurantifolia) , Sage (Salvia officinalis) Infusion , Rosemary and Juniperberry Infusion (Salvia officinalis, Rosmarinus officinalis, Juniperus communis) , Fresh Free Range Eggs , Honey (Mel) , Glycerine , Fresh Fennel (Foeniculum vulgare) , Ground Almond Shells (Prunus dulcis) , Almond Oil (Prunus dulcis) , Bentonite Gel , Fresh Ginger Root (Zingiber officinalis) , Fresh Parsley (Carum petroselinum) , Fresh Coriander (Coriandrum sativum) , Ground Turmeric (Curcuma longa) , Ground Cardamom (Elettaria cardamomum) , Clove Bud Oil (Eugenia caryophyllus) , Ginger Oil (Zingiber officinale) , Vetivert Oil (Vetiveria zizanoides) , Juniperberry Oil (Juniperus communis) , *Benzyl Salicylate , *Eugenol , *Geraniol , *Benzyl Benzoate , *Linalool , Perfume

See my previous face mask reviews:



Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,
edit

1 comment: