Back in the Saddle

Get it, saddle? Cowboy boots? I thought I was pretty clever. 


We're approaching the end of summer, and yet I still feel the need to buy summery dresses. I got this one (and another one) from Modcloth last week when they were having a sale, and oh boy do I love this one. It's from Jack BB Dakota, and it fits like a glove. It's summery, but nondescript enough so I can wear tights and a cardigan for fall. Transition piece hell yeah!
Usually I don't do pink, but this dress is almost a coral, so it doesn't wash me out as much.
I paired it with some vintage cowboy boots and my Michael Kors belt, plus this cool giraffe pendent I borrowed from my sister. I have no idea where she got it though.
Sarah tried some different angles yesterday. We seriously drove to Curtis High School to look for shooting locations. We're getting so creative that we are creeping on high school football fields.
Look at how damn ladylike this dress makes me? It's so girly and cute. It makes me want a tattoo real bad. I don't know why, but big sleeve pieces look absolutely stunning with sleeveless girly dresses. It's all Mary Lambert's fault for being a flawless human being with her pretty dresses and new sleeve piece. Speaking of Mary Lambert, check out her version of Macklemore's "Same Love" - it's called "She Keeps Me Warm" and it's freaking gorgeous.
Serious face, much?
Also here are some awkward poses for you. Thanks Sarah for catching me mid-thought.
Dress: Modcloth // Boots: Thrifted vintage // Belt: Michael Kors // Necklace: Don't know // Lipstick: Mac Impassioned and Hue mixed

I guess Someone Still Loves You Boris Yeltsin's track "Back in the Saddle" means more than the cowboy boots right now. I've had a few new developments in my life recently, and it's exciting and new and it makes me feel like I'm back on track. These things are in the "in development" stage, so I won't go into more details, but trust me, it's good.


Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,
edit

1 comment:

  1. You look amazing! I'm usually not a big fan of pink but this particular shade looks very flattering. :-)

    Laura
    www.lauraneuzeth.com

    ReplyDelete