NEW IN: Tom Ford Black Orchid Eau de Parfum

Hello Tom Ford Black Orchid! I finally have this beautiful thing in my possession. I got my shipment from Sephora's VIB 20% off sale the other day and needless to say, I was ecstatic. Because I was getting the 20% off, I purchased the medium size of this perfume, $110 regularly for 1.7 fl oz.


I've been coveting this perfume for over a year, and just finally took the Tom Ford plunge.
I first fell in love with this perfume when I received a sample in a Sephora package a long time ago, and it was the first perfume sample where I've been, "hey I actually want to buy this." Usually I just let them sit in a jar in my room untouched, but this one, I used it but made it last almost a year.

The notes in Black Orchid are bergamot, gardenia, mandarin, ylang ylang, orchid, patchouli, jasmine,  sandalwood, and vanilla, so it's a complex scent that just screams fall to me.
I was actually at a show last October (2012) at the Showbox and when I was standing outside the venue, some guy said to me from like 4 feet away - 
"Hey you smell good." 
"Oh thank you." 
"It might be the hot dogs though." *steps closer to smell me* "Nope, it's you. You smell good."

From that point on, I was hooked on the stuff. It's musky and dark and sexy and masculine all at the same time, which I love in a perfume. I either like something uber-feminine like citrus or vanilla, or something unisex. This is definitely a unisex scent.
What is your favorite autumn/winter scent? Let me know in the comments below!


Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,
edit

1 comment:

  1. Ah must go sniff this. My current fall scent is Escentric Molecules 01, musky pine amazingness.

    ReplyDelete