NEW IN: Lush Handy Gurugu

I've added a new hand cream to my collection. So sue me. 
This time I've picked up Handy Gurugu, the hand cream that is packed full of peanut butter, cashew butter, almond butter, pumpkinseed butter, rose water, and evening primrose oil. It smells old-fashioned and divine, and it's just the right consistency for me. 

I'm not a fan of sticky hand creams, but I also need a ton of moisture, so watery hand creams are useless to me. I love the almost whipped butter feel of Handy Gurugu - it's silky and soft without being too heavy. I dig it. 

But the real reason I picked this up was for its anti-aging properties. Most of the time you see evening primrose oil in facial creams, not body care. It's something that apparently tells the skin to produce more elastin, reducing wrinkles. I've always had old people hands, ever since I was about 13. So I thought, hmm, lemme try some anti-aging hand cream!
Ingredients: Rose Water (Rosa centifolia) , Fair Trade Organic Shea Butter (Butyrospermum Parkii) , Glycerine , Stearic Acid , Almond Oil (Prunus dulcis) , Triethanolamine , Fresh Lemon Juice (Citrus limonum) , Vanilla Absolute (Vanilla planifolia) , Rose Absolute (Rosa centifolia) , Chamomile Blue Oil (Matricaria Chamomilla) , Evening Primrose Oil (Oenothera biennis) , Organic Peanut Butter (Arachis Hypogaea) , Organic Pumpkinseed Butter (Cucurbita) , Organic Cashew Nut Butter (Anacardium) , Organic Almond Butter (Prunus Dulcis) , Tincture of Benzoin (Styrax benzoin) , Cetearyl Alcohol , *Benzyl Salicylate , Coumarin , *Geraniol , *Benzyl Benzoate , *Farnesol , *Limonene , *Linalool , Perfume , Chlorophyllin , Methylparaben , Propylparaben

I've been using it for a couple of weeks now on a semi-regular basis, and while I don't seen any results yet (because it's natural, not witchcraft) I love how it makes my hands feel and smell. It's a strong rose scent from the rose water, but the nut butters in their make it a really unique smell. 

What is your favorite hand cream? Do anti-aging ingredients intrigue you?

Buy Handy Gurugu HERE or any of your local Lush shops.


Labels: , , , , , , , , ,
edit

No comments:

Post a Comment