Vinyl | Promises

More vinyls, yay! For today's installment, I'm spotlighting a little 7" I found at Sonic Boom Records in Ballard a few months ago. You see how cheap this thing was? $2.99! I love buying used. I've found some great CDs at Sonic Boom and Easy Street for like $3 used, which is always nice. It's like buying secondhand furniture - it's already worn in and already loved, but you get to give it a new home.
I already owned Big Echo on CD, which this single was from, but when I saw this, I knew I had to have it. I haven't seen the Morning Benders (now Pop Etc) in over three years, so clearly I miss them.

This was one of the first 7" vinyls to my collection - the other being some rare We Are Scientists records I got from Ebay. Those will be coming up soon in a post, as soon as I find them in box in the basement. They're around here somewhere. And they're red.
Chris Chu, please come back to America and tour. Please. I miss your lovely voice.

I love that they included this little prose in the vinyl too - it's in the booklet for Big Echo, and it's one of my favorite things.
Also, it's my favorite thing to see which number this was out of a small printing. I got copy number 42! The answer to life, the universe, and everything!


Labels: , , , , , , , ,
edit

No comments:

Post a Comment