An Honest Romance

You might be wondering, "Abby what is this romance you speak of? Have you been keeping a secret from us?" Well friends, I have been keeping something from you - one of the most honest loves of my life - denim.

I had you there for a second, didn't I? Yep, denim forever and always for me. There is not a better item of clothing in my wardrobe than a good pair of jeans. I prefer the high-waisted style because of my smaller waist and wide hips, but for those of you that are boxier, rock the low-rise. Rock them hard.
Paired with my Zara skinny jeans today is my newest denim addition to my closet - this top from Free People that I got from Nordstrom Rack. I love the details of this shirt. I mean, floral and plaid? How great is that!? It's also just swingy enough without being too wide. I'm planning on wearing it to Sasquatch with something entirely different, as a nice alternative to a basic plaid shirt. You always need something lightweight and long sleeve so you can tie it around your waist, right?
I threw on another Nordstrom Rack find underneath the Free People top, a basic red crop top, that actually matched that "do not block door" sign quite well. Clearly we were blocking the door.
Sometimes when I look at photos from a year ago I cannot believe how much my hair has grown, seriously. It would only take me getting to 25 years old to be so truly happy with my hair.
Denim on denim doesn't have to be faux pas. We can make Canadian tuxedos chic. My philosophy - either completely contrasting shades of denim, or the exact same tone. But nothing in between. In this case, we've got a pattern on top so it breaks up the monotony a bit.
For my shoes, I found these bad boys at Urban Xchange a couple weeks ago when I went to sell some of my old clothes. I walked away with like $50 in store credit so I used some of it for these shoes. When I first took them home, they weren't the most comfortable to walk on concrete for several hours at a time, but I picked up some orthotics to give me some arch support and voila! Apparently I'm an old person that needs orthotics in my shoes.
DO NOT BLOCK DOOR. Don't tell me how to live my life, door!
What is this face? I look like I'm trying to channel John Wayne. 

For today's post title - An Honest Romance - it comes to you courtesy of PAWS, the amazing Scottish punk band that opened for We Are Scientists last weekend. Their album Youth Culture Forever came out this week and I can't get enough of it. Stream it here on Spin.com.
Denim top: Free People (Nordstrom Rack) // Red top: LUSH (Nordstrom Rack) // Jeans: Zara // Booties: Thrifted (Urban Xchange) // Necklace: Urban Outfitters

Have a great week and rock all the denim!


Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,
edit

No comments:

Post a Comment