GOING LOCAL || Schmidt's Bergamot & Lime Deodorant

I've always been a huge fan of supporting small businesses - so I thought I'd start shopping local more often. And I'm running low on deodorant, so I'm starting there. Schmidt's Natural Deodorant hails from Portland, and it's aluminum-free, cruelty-free, and smells divine! So I figured, well why not?


There are five scents to choose from - Cedarwood & Juniper, Ylang Ylang & Calendula, Lavender & Sage, Bergamot & Lime, and Fragrance-Free. I went with the bright and citrusy Bergamot & Lime since it's summer, but Cedarwood & Juniper was my second choice - it would be a great manly smell.
Ingredients include: shea butter, baking soda, arrowroot powder, cocoa butter, bergamot essential oil, lime essential oil, vitamin E, and hop extract. Sounds great, right? The texture is quite similar to a regular stick deodorant, but instead of rubbing from the stick (which is quite unsanitary now that I think of it), you scoop it out with a spatula and melt it in your hands before rubbing it under your arms.
I've been using it for the last several days, and I absolutely love it. Plus, it's been over 80 every day (over 90 a day or two), so it's the perfect condition to test out a new deodorant. It's really easy to use, and the scent lasts for quite awhile.

It's a soft texture that - so far - hasn't irritated my skin. So that's a plus!
You can pick up Schmidt's online or at Whole Foods Market, Marlene's Market & Deli, and other various health food and natural markets around the country (not just the Pacific Northwest it turns out).

My verdict? I mean, I converted to natural deodorant last year, but I might like this better than my Aromaco from Lush. I definitely prefer it to Tom's. 

Have you checked out Schmidt's or other natural deodorants? What are some other local Pacific Northwest brands you've heard of that I should check out? I'm dying to expand my horizons. 


Labels: , , , , , , , ,
edit

2 comments:

  1. Ugh, I hate Tom's. Must try this out ASAP, although I managed to quit deodorant a couple of months ago. Hmmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these! It's the only natural deodorant that actually works and I've tried quite a few and almost gave up. So happy this thingie came along and also hugely happy I can actually get my hands on it (I live in Slovenia).

    ReplyDelete