Life Lately | Hangin' On

You know those times when you have so much to do that you don't do any of it? I've had a bit of that lately, mainly just with writing, which is weird because it's one of my favorite things in the world. I feel like I do my best writing at the wee hours of the morning in my bed, but then those are also the times when I'm the closest to sleeping. Usually sleeping beats out writing. I need to change that, especially because I have a lot to catch up on.
It's summer now, which really doesn't have any significance for me anymore, since I'm not in school. What really is summer for non-students, anyway? For those of us that work retail, it's the time of year where teenagers are running around the mall for hours at a time with $20 to waste our time instead of their parents'. It's a joyous time, most definitely. Last year it was around this time when I got hired at Lush (so it's been a year, which is crazy as hell), but this summer feels different. Last summer I was all about finding my place in my new job with my new coworkers in a new company. It's been an amazing year, for so many reasons. So many reasons that if I tried to list them, it would take too much time. But the TL;DR version of it - Lushies, YouTube, new friends, being okay with myself.
The last one is the most important one. It's been almost a year and a half of being single, and I've never felt more confident and sexy in my own skin than I have the last few months. I've made some amazing connections with new friends that I attribute a lot of this to, but it feels good to feel good for once. 

I'm not entirely sure what the significance of these photos are - maybe it's the mood, maybe it was my overall lazy day attitude last week, who knows. This week is going to be much busier for reasons I'd rather leave to the imagination, but it will also be a lot more exhilarating. I'll keep you posted, for sure. 
But for the last bit of business - I'm currently constantly spinning this new record from My Goodness. It's seriously so good you guys. I've only seen them twice and I feel like a doofus for not discovering them sooner. Buy this thing, guys. It's loud and fast and heavy and raw and perfect. I've been shouting out all the lyrics along with Joel Schneider in my car the last two weeks. It's some heavy shit.

What are you recent inner musings? I felt the need to spit out words for no particular reason tonight. Also you seriously need to check out My Goodness. Today's post title is, after all, a track from Shiver + Shake.


Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,
edit

No comments:

Post a Comment